Friday, January 13, 2012

It's already been a week!

Okay, So it has already been a week that I have been living in Italia, so I have a lot to update you on! I'll start with day 1: I've flown on an 8 hour plane ride to Rome and then I hopped on a small jet to Florence. From there I was picked up by a driver and had my first tour of Florence. What a culture shock! The character of this city is incredible and you will see what I mean as I start posting pictures of this magnificent   city.

My apartment is on Via Sant' Agostino #12. It's a very modern, Italian chic style. The color theme consists of bright red, white, black and mirrors everywhere haha! My favorite part is the tiny spiral staircase that leads to the roof top terrace... will be so beautiful in the spring. Oh! I have 3 apartment-mates (Julie, Sarah and Alexandra) and some girls across the hall that we have become friends with (Steph, Nicki and Hannah).

The Arno River separates the two sides of Florence and it has bridges that connect the two sides for example, the Ponte Vecchio. The side my apartment and school (Accademia Itaiana) is on is the more quite  side whereas the other side has the Duomo and all the expensive shopping, it's the "touristy" side.

Everyday that goes by here I learn so many new things. It seems like one day goes on forever because of everything that i'm busy doing and exploring! Also, everyday it gets easier because I'm learning my way around, finding adorable panini and cappuccino shops I love and meeting so many new people here! Tonight we will be having pasta and wine. Later tonight, we will get dressed up and start exploring the night life! Wish us luck, Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you for keeping up with this already!! lol I already feel like I understand your life there. :) Hopefully we can continue to keep up with our blogs for the next 5 months!

    ReplyDelete